Tuesday, March 20, 2012

So Yummy In My Tummy!

One of my friends recently posted on Facebook a Paleo friendly fruit crisp with these directions:

3 cups of fresh or frozen fruit (I used frozen blueberries), 1 egg, 1 1/2 cups almond meal, 2 tbsp coconut oil, 2 tbsp cinnamon, honey......oven@350, put fruit on bottom of pie dish and drizzle with honey, mix egg, almond meal, coconut oil, and cinnamon in bowl.......by hand crumble the mixture over the fruit, bake in oven for 35 minutes...I put about 1/4 cup of coconut milk in the bottom of my bowl and put my serving of the cobbler in the milk, it was excellent but next time I think I'll serve with frozen vanilla yogurt.
I decided that I had to try it because it looked so yummy. I modified a few things so here is what I did.


First of all I decided to serve mine with frozen banana yogurt. Simply take 3-4 bananas and cut them into 1/2 inch slices and freeze them for 2-3 hours until they are solid.




 In the mean time you will need the following:
1 cup Bob's Red Mill GF almond meal/flour
1/4 cup pure maple syrup
3/4 cup dehydrated chopped coconut(unsweetened)
2 cups berries of choice
3 tablespoons of coconut oil


 Chop berries and place in bottom of baking dish add 1/8 cup of the maple syrup and just toss around the berries.

 In a separate bowl combine 1/2 of coconut and all of the flour.

 Add melted coconut oil and 1/8 cup of the maple syrup. Mix together and it should resemble a crumbly fruit topping. Put the topping over the fruit and bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes until golden brown on top.


Voila! It should smell amazing and look a little something like this.

After the time has passed for the bananas throw them in the blender or food processor and start pulsing. You will have to scrape the sides several times and move the bananas around. They will start to get crumbly looking. That is good.

Keep going

50 pulses or so later, the bananas should look a little something like this. I put mine in the freezer for about 15-20 minutes to firm it up a bit and then serve it with your fruit crisp.


 So Yummy!
There you have it. Paleo friendly, gluten free, vegan dessert. 


Brittney

2 comments:

  1. MMMMMM!!! I must freeze some bananas and try...who would have thought?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The frozen bananas are AWESOME!!! I've had them several times. I'm not a big fan of dairy products, this is a great sub.

    ReplyDelete