Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Glazed Trout With Mushrooms, Spinach and Squash


Whew, I was so busy these past few days and I realized I had not posted anything since the 9th. I am slacking! My husband and I are in the process of cleaning out our cabinets and converting over to an unprocessed diet. At this time I can't really call it Paleo because we are not quite there yet, however, that is our goal. When we started this conversion last week I told my hubby one of the main things that he could not have was white potatoes. He agreed even though he is a total meat and potatoes kind of guy. It was too funny because last night when we were serving dinner he did a look around the kitchen just to make sure he was not missing any potatoes :). I made a super delicious dinner with fresh water trout and veggies.

It looked a little something like this.



For the glaze: 3 cloves fresh garlic
2 inch section of fresh ginger
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup of soy sauce

Put it in mini food processor for a few pulses until blended and set it aside for a minute. Score the fish all over making little "pockets" for the glaze to seep into. Pour over the fish and bake on 300 degrees for about 25-30 minutes.


In the mean time, saute some mushrooms in water, fresh garlic and pepper.


I also sauteed organic spinach and used the vegetable peeler to shred some squash. I cooked it the same way with water, pepper and garlic.


It was so yummy once we actually got to dig in!





Do you have any beginner Paleo or unprocessed diet recipes or tips? Send them my way and I will post them to share with others!

Brittney

No comments:

Post a Comment