Monday, March 5, 2012

My Way: Anthropologie Color Coil Pot


I occasionally order catalogs in the mail even though it is not kind to mother nature. One catalog that I do order is from Anthropologie. I loved the colors, decor, and dresses. Who the heck am I kidding. I love everything in that store, however, I could never bring myself to spend over $100 on a pillow, $200 on a strip of wallpaper or $68 on a tiny clay pot! It's a good thing I am a crafty mama.

I found this color coil clay pot and loved the way it looked. My dinning room is Spanish themed with some modern flair so I thought this pot would go great! I ran (actually drove) as fast as I could to my local Michael's because last week I remembered seeing something on clearance in the Martha Stewart yarn collection that was perfect for this project. It was only $2.50. I got the clay pot and rocks from our local dollar store. The plant and soil were free courtesy of my backyard.

What you will need:

Martha Stewart super bulky "mambo" yarn- 1 roll was plenty
any cheap clay pot
scissors
glue gun
5 glue sticks


Start at the top and run a bead of hot glue along a 1-2 inch section. Once the yarn is secure start gluing every few inches and wrap the yarn around the pot.


Keep Going


And Going


Tad Da! You are finished.

Find some soil, a cool plant, and some rocks and make your own arrangement.


Thanks for stopping by. Send me pictures of your great Anthro knock offs and I will feature them on my blog. Don't be shy, leave a comment and let me know you were here.


Brittney

No comments:

Post a Comment